Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Been Washing Buttons - you say What?

Yes, I've been washing buttons.  I love buttons - and many people give me all their old buttons.  I sew them on quilts!!  But when I get those little jewels they are a mess.  I pick out all the fabric and threads (and dirt) and then wash them.  They just shine after a little water and Windex!! So here is the process in pictures. 

I found some three hole buttons - neat.  I separate them by color and some by style - like cloth, cheap plastic, etc.  Enjoy the pictures - and send my your old buttons!   PS, I'm a quilter not a seamstress - poor DH never gets his shirts fixed that need a button, etc.







3 comments:

  1. Long live buttons!!! I also have a passion for buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love buttons as well! Is there a "buttonsaholic" group to help us with our addiction?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not great at quilting - and when points don't match - I say - put a button on there - covers all mistakes!! I'm not really a crazy quilter - but kinda! I like sewing those little things on quilts!! So where do you use your bottons?

      Delete